Blog module icon

All Blog

Find out what's happening in the blog. Below is a list of blog items.

Jun 07

Engineering Report Approval

Posted to Lead Information by Parris Crooks

Hi Stephen,

First off, I do apologize for the delayed response.

As you know the Town hired an engineering company to assess our situation.  The report has been completed and provided to the EPA and DEQ for their review. Because nothing has been approved, the Town will not be commenting on the details of the report until we have received approval from DEQ and EPA.  We feel that releasing the report before it is approved could cause unnecessary confusion.  Once the engineer's report has been approved and accepted, permit received, and Town Council approval, the information will become available to the public. 


You asked what role the DEQ plays in this process.  DEQ is responsible for reviewing all construction plans relating to our water and sewer operations.  Further questions as to the DEQ's role should be directed directly to the DEQ.  You can contact Rich Cripe at 777-7075. 


The free testing that the Town provided to our customers was not restricted to Tier I households.  We wanted to give everyone the opportunity to assess their property.  We did not specifically test service lines, we tested the properties at a point of discharge, like a sink.  You would have to ask the EPA to explain why they prioritize Tier I properties.  Note that some of the properties which were tested had been siting for long periods of time without water flow, therefore the lead levels may not indicate what an active property would produce.  

Please note that we will be posting this email to our website. Thanks and please let me know if you have any questions,



Hayley A Ryckman, PE
Director of Engineering and Zoning
Town of Pinedale
Phone: 307-367-4136

On Tue, May 30, 2017 at 2:50 PM, Stephen Crane, Editor - Pinedale Roundup <> wrote:
Hey there Ms. Ryckman,
Just wanted to check in and get the latest updates on the proposed changes to the CCT. Where is the town in that process? What are the associated timelines looking ahead? 
In addition, you mentioned that the EPA expert said that soda ash would be a better bet, given our water chemistry. Do we have that in an email or anything I can take a look at? I'm looking for the background info for that stance. 
And I know it was said that the DEQ needs to be a part of that process. Can you explain what that involvement looks like? What is their jurisdiction? Primary concerns for a proposed CCT switch? 
Also, given the fairly narrow parameters related to Tier 1 households, do we know why we had so many test above that threshhold, I assume, outside those Tier 1 parameters? Strictly service lines? And the town passed those results along to the EPA, correct? Do we know what, if anything, the EPA will do with them? 
I think that covers it for now.

Stephen Crane, editor
Pinedale Roundup
Aug 09

Town Parks

Posted to Town of Pinedale by Parris Crooks

The Town would like to remind everyone that camping is ONLY permitted at the Jackson Avenue Park. This park is located at 204 S. Jackson Ave. Tent camping is permitted at that location. Camping is not permitted in any of the other parks located in Town. In addition, parking and camping in a RV or camper trailer on Town property or in the Right-Of-Way is not permitted either. Fires may only be maintained in pre-existing BBQ pits and fire rings at all park locations. Please take note of all signs posted. If you have any questions, please call Town Hall at 307-367-4136.